The Jewish cemetery in Praszka is one of two objects preserved in the town – alongside the synagogue – connected with the history of the Jews of Praszka. The cemetery was established in the first half of the 19th century at the foot of the Brunatne hills. Originally, it was surrounded by a stone wall, and a wide avenue with birch trees ran through the middle of the necropolis.
On August 12, 1942, during the liquidation of the Praszka ghetto, the Nazis murdered 17 Jews at the cemetery, which is commemorated by a stone with a memorial plaque located on a mass grave.
Furthermore, several hundred tombstones made of sandstone and limestone have survived at the cemetery, the oldest of which date back to the early 19th century, bearing inscriptions in Hebrew and German.
Practical information:
The facility is generally accessible.
The entrance through the open gate is located from the side of the public road.
Free admission.
Sightseeing time: 1 hour.
Parking spaces on Obrońców Pokoju Street.
Polski
Cesky