The Palace in Rysiowice was erected by the Cielnica river in the second half of the 19th century. Its owner was Countess Konstancja Róża of the von Ingenheim family, which was the wealthiest family in Silesia. The building, which in its appearance evoked associations with castles on the Loire, and the estate in the village remained in the hands of clan representatives until 1945.
The four-wing edifice in the style of historicism with numerous elements of Neo-Gothic, Neo-Renaissance, and Neo-Romanesque was built on a square plan. In the corners of the palace, two cylindrical, pointed towers attract attention. Above the entrance door, there is a portal, and higher up a coat of arms cartouche with a family motto.
In the palace, the von Ingenheim family possessed a rich collection of paintings, which consisted of, among others, Botticelli's Madonna, Madonna by Fra Filippo Lippi, several paintings by German painters, e.g., Anton Koch and Martin von Rohden, as well as a library numbering 37 thousand books and a collection of ancient monuments. Currently, the most famous painting from the collection – Madonna and Child with St. John the Baptist and an Angel by Sandro Botticelli is in the National Museum in Warsaw.
The palace is surrounded by the remains of a landscape park with a decaying burial chapel. After World War II, the estate in Rysiowice was nationalized and transferred to the administration of the State Agricultural Farm. Currently, the object is not used.
Practical information:
The facility is not open to visitors.
Free parking below the facility.
Polski
Cesky