Krasków is a village located in the Kluczbork district, in the Kluczbork municipality.
On its territory is the Church of St. Hedwig of Silesia, which was built in the years 1870-1872 as a Neo-Gothic chapel. In the first half of the 20th century, a significant expansion of the temple took place, which allowed for the creation of a separate parish in Krasków.
Inside the church, there is a fresco painted in 1942 by Karol Platzek, a painter of churches in Berlin and Wrocław. It depicts figures from the Old and New Testaments. On the right and left sides of the altar, there are mosaics from the August Wagner company from Berlin Treptow. One of them depicts St. Joseph with the 12-year-old Jesus, and the other – the Mother of God with the Child. Several Gothic sculptures from the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries also come from the church, which are currently in the Diocesan Museum in Opole.
In Krasków, there is also a Jewish cemetery, founded in 1765. Originally, it served the Jews from Byczyna, Wołczyn, Krasków, and Kluczbork. The cemetery was closed in the 1920s. Dozens of tombstones have survived there to modern times, the oldest of which dates from 1811.
Polski
Cesky