Sławniowice is a village in the Nysa district, in the Głuchołazy municipality. It lies in historical Lower Silesia, in the Nysa land. It is located in the area of the Paczków Foothills, which is part of the Sudeten Foothills. The Mora river flows through the village.
Sławniowice was first mentioned in 1284.
At least since the 13th century, the village has been known as a place of marble exploitation, which is evidenced by the tombstone of parish priest Flerman in Kępnica near Nysa from 1314. The heyday of exploitation occurred in the 17th century, when a dozen or so quarries were active in the village. Two centuries later, a railway connection linking Nowy Świętów with Sławniowice was established, the purpose of which was to facilitate the export of the extracted stones. Marbles from Sławniowice occur in two varieties: "grey-blue"
and "golden". They are used as architectural elements and surfaces in the country and abroad. In the village, there is a roadside chapel with a late Baroque sculpture and a historic Calvary.
Polski
Cesky